|Home - Courses - About Us - Contact - Questions & Answers|
::: NC DMV :::
DMV Hours and Locations
Driver License Points
::: Resources :::
Behind the Wheel - Study Guide
Practice Permit Test
What to do when...
NC Truck Driving Schools
.:: DMV Handbooks ::.
English DMV Handbook
Spanish DMV Handbook
Motorcycle DMV Handbook
School Bus Handbook
Teen LicensingNorth Carolina has a Three Stage Licensing Process for Minors
1. Limited Learner Permit - ( Must be at least 15 )
2. Limited Provisional License - ( 16 - 17 )
3. Full Provisional License -
( age 17 if has had limited provisional license at least 6 months )
LIMITED LEARNER PERMIT ( Age 15+ )
- Must have completed approved driver education course and present a
Driving Eligibility Certificate, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must pass written, signs and vision test.
- All passengers restrained by seatbelt or child safety seat.
- Only driver and supervising driver allowed in front seat.
- Fist six months: May drive between 5 a.m. & 9 p.m. accompanied
by a supervising driver.
- After 6 months: May drive anytime with a supervising driver.
LIMITED PROVISIONAL LICENSE ( Age 16 - 17 )
Must keep limited learner permit for minimum 12 months with no convictions of
moving violations or seat belt infractions within preceding six months.
- All passengers restrained by seat belt or child safety seat
.- Drive without supervision from 5 am until 9pm & any time driving directly
to or from work or any volunteer fire, rescue or EMS if member.
- All other times supervising driver in front passenger seat.
FULL PROVISIONAL LICENSE ( Age 17 )
Must keep limited Provisional License for minimum 6 months with no convictions
of moving violations or seat belt infractions within the preceding six months.
[ Login ]
704-568-3050 Charlotte, NC - Designed by Best Driving School © 2013